birding-aus

Back in the north and on line

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Back in the north and on line
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:13:22 +1000
Hello All,

Maria and I are back home and on the list again.

It's raining! So what some of you may say, thinking about the Wet Tropics, but they have been exceptionally dry.

Saw some great birds while down south but no lifers. It was not really a birding holiday. Relatives and more relatives. The highlight for me was seeing three species of thornbill within 20 metres at Wolomomby Falls.

Blue-faced Parrot-finches have been seen at Lake Eacham. While this is a first it is not hugely surprising. On Lake Tinaroo near Yungaburra there are two flocks of Little Black Cormorants ; over five hundred in one and about two hundred in the other.

More birding info as I get out and about.

Regards,
Alan Gillanders

Alan's Wildlife Tours
On the beautiful Atherton Tablelands