birding-aus

Sea Eagle nests ... and Fruit Doves

Subject: Sea Eagle nests ... and Fruit Doves
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

G'day All,

A very good friend came back in from a short sea trip, up to Lakes Entrance and back, over the past few weeks, and told me about the tale of seeing a Sea Eagles nest.

What he asked me to ask you fine folks is about the closeness of the base of the nest to thee ocean? he said at high tide he thought it would have been no more then 40 centimetres at the most clearance? surely this is dangerous for raising young ones? he thought the nest had two young ones in it? also isn't the time factor a little adrift? I am not doubting him just querying it with him.

Secondly one from me:

The Iris of a "Fruit Doves" eye seems in all the photo's I've seen of "Fruit Doves" to have something wrong with the eye? is this an eye problem within and perculiar too "Fruit doves" dietary perhaps?

Okay I've got some Cadburys to give away for this fly days, good fly day quiz ... Ooroo from JAG De Whag

Do you Yahoo!?