birding-aus

Min Min Lights - A Barn Owl?!

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Min Min Lights - A Barn Owl?!
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:46:20 -0700 (PDT)
Well Mouldy and Sculler what is your theory?

Often as I put my feathered children out for the night I utter "May the firs be with you" as they fly off up into the trees for the night. Same with Hilary over there in the USA and we didn't agree with each other to say this?

Mind you last night we had a light and noise display that really was awesome it went hand in hand with a dream I had about seeing "Rustybubs" Woodford today with a big smile on his face and a huge headache for some obscure reason. Also some wretched fellow successfully turned light tower five out hoping to end the game early.

 :^D>>>

Nah noo, Nah noo, from thee human earthling JAG de Whag, I must be a human earthling eh? only species I know that wrecks his own home for years to come.

Have a good day Tim to you and yours, JAG

P.S. Don't forget to check under your bed each night like I do. I found some fluffy thin strips of Ox heart last night? should I cawl thee FBI? does it warrant a Bee Gee's rewrite?
"And the lights, all went out, near Bazza's chewed sis,"

Dicksons <> wrote:

"Jack Pettigrew, from UQ, said that it was possible for owls to pick up small amounts of phosphorous from fungi in their tree hollows (this is clearly not enough to produce light the intensity of a car light though). It was he who proposed the temperature inversion theory a while ago - the same phenomenon that causes far distant cities to appear in the sky."

"Other theories are a ghost and UFO's of course. Fascinating stuff."

The truth is out there.
Tim Dickson
Townsville

Do you Yahoo!?