birding-aus

RE: [Fwd: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Gresswell (Melb)]

To: "Laurie Living" <>, "Keith Johnson" <>, "Ken Harris" <>
Subject: RE: [Fwd: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Gresswell (Melb)]
From: "Ian Rainbow" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:32:30 +1100
 Hi All,
On Sunday, 9th of February I took a GPS reading at the Rotunda of the lake near La Trobe Uni. I presume this is Gresswell Lakes from the reference to Gayle McDonald & the Little Bitterns.  It was 37 deg 42 min 54 sec S, 145 deg 3 min 18 sec E in the Australian 84/86 system  from 5 satellites.  On that day, over about 3 hours we took a list of 42 species including Wedgetailed Eagle, Blue-billed Duck, Black Shouldered Kite, Dusky Woodswallow, Buff-banded Rail, Common Bronzewing, but no Bitterns!  I didn't see them again yesterday.  I shall submit the list to the Atlas via the electronic forms in the next week or so.

cheers
Ian