birding-aus

Tasmanian Bird Pics

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Tasmanian Bird Pics
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:02:58 +1000
Hi All,
Just a quick post to inform you that our Tassie trip was a great success, we saw all the 'endemics' plus a few species that are difficult for us in SE Qld. We covered a large area of the State, starting in Hobart then travelling to St Helens on the east coast across to Strahan on the west via Cradle Mountain and returned to Bruny Island via Mt Field NP. We took a very exciting light plane-ride to Melaleuca in the far South-West National Park and managed to see a lone Orange-bellied Parrot, got great views of our first fairy Penguins at Bruny Island and saw several Wedge-tailed Eagles (of the endangered tas subspecies) throughout the Island. In due course I hope to put together a trip-report but until then I've posted some digiscoped pics on our gallery page at http://www.aviceda.org/photo/albums.php
Hope you enjoy the pics and are inspired to visit....
Tom & Marie

--
Tom & Marie Tarrant
Lot 10 (137) Watson Rd