birding-aus

Possible Channel-billed Cuckoo, E. Melbourne

Subject: Possible Channel-billed Cuckoo, E. Melbourne
From: "Mules, Michael" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:17:29 +1100
Hi all, after dipping on the Little Bittern yesterday, I, like most of Melbourne had excellent views of the female in the far reed beds.

Anyway, at about 7pm today I saw a probable Channel-billed Cuckoo over Ivanhoe.  I watched it (without binoculars) for about half a minute, flying away from me.  Its shape, size and flight pattern were all identical to the C-b Cuckoos I saw in Mackay a few months ago.  I was standing to the east of the corner of Livingstone St. and Oriel Rd. and it flew in a southerly direction towards the Yarra River (possibly towards Chelsworth Park or Hays Paddock).

I would be interested to know if anyone has seen any C-b Cuckoos around lately.

Regards,
Michael Mules

Carey Baptist Grammar School
Kew Campus
349 Barkers Road Kew Victoria Australia 3101
Telephone: +61 3 9816 1325
Facsimile: +61 3 9816 1263

www.carey.com.au

DISCLAIMER:This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the School. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.