birding-aus

A lone Fork-tailed Swift (Vic)

To: <>, lyell <>
Subject: A lone Fork-tailed Swift (Vic)
From: Mike Tarburton <>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:33:41 +1000
Laurie could be right about the lone swift being an outlier from a larger
group.  However, I have on several occasions been in a position of being
able to see for a long way in all directions as well as having a trained eye
looking out for swifts for hours and seen just a single bird.  They were
usually travelling in a straight line and not feeding.  So! from my
experience you both could be correct.

If anyone has swift sightings that they have not reported to Birding-aus I
would still be interested in receiving a copy of your records so I can add
them to my database - that now covers many years of records.

Happy swift watching

Mike

--
Dr Mike Tarburton