birding-aus

Red-whiskered Bulbuls & Spotless Crake - aaargh hh!

To: 'John Harris ' <>, " '" <>
Subject: Red-whiskered Bulbuls & Spotless Crake - aaargh hh!
From: Bill Stent <>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:17:44 +1100
Would people please quit about the Red whiskered bulbuls at Ivanhoe?

I've now been there EIGHT times in the last 18 months or so trying to find
these blighters.  Dipped every time, and been gripped off twice by people
who have seen them on the same day I was there.  I don't understand why I
keep on missing them.  Perhaps not knowing their call (and not having the
relevant BOCA tape) isn't helping matters.

OK, here's a request.  I don't live very far away - only across the Yarra in
East Kew.  If anyone who knows the birds can take me there I'm free most
mornings (e.g. I was out there at 6:30 am today).  I'll be ever so grateful,
as I'm taking a group of birders out there in February and I want to be able
to show them these mythical birds!

Not twitchy at all...

Bill