birding-aus

Legless Curlew Sandpipiers?

Subject: Legless Curlew Sandpipiers?
From: "Alex Farias" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:30:39 +1100
Please, correction!

I try to be "fare" this time.

From: Kym Bennet <>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:12:06 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Curlew Sandpiper: Decline caused by leg flagging.

"Today i observed a Curlew sandpiper on the beach at
Point Cook with one leg missing and the other leg
broken at the first joint. On the broken leg was an
orange flag."

Please explain how was that she saw it? flying? floating? in a little wheel chair?

I just very curious because look like she find mutilated birds every day.

So if you can explain how she found this "one legged bird" with a broken leg and a flag? (and not standing?) don't you agreed that is a very strange thing?

I may be wrong, but I think she is lying.

Kind Regard
Alex Farias