birding-aus

Cockatoos and Rosellas

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Cockatoos and Rosellas
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:57:45 +1100
Hi All
     A pair of Gang Gangs flew over Warrandyte (NE suburbs of Melb) this afternoon.
Gang Gangs have been rather scarce around this locality this year.

     Eastern Rosellas.   Our nest box, situated on the balcony (see previous report 13/11/2002) is occupied by 6 very healthy 'just about to leave the nest' Eastern Rosellas.  This is the 6th year that Easterns have nested in this box with a total of 30 birds raised.
     The local Kookaburras regularly visit the box but haven't attempted to take the nestlings which I'm sure they could if they wished as the box is not all that deep.  Crimson Rosellas also have regular visits!
      Never a dull moment when you're a birdwatcher.
      Happy birding
      Marlene