birding-aus

Costa Rica

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Costa Rica
From: Chris <>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:59:49 +1100
I had the good fortune to spend a week in San Jose and finished my work
a couple of days early.  I went on a tourist tour for a day up to the
nearby volcano and around and was fortunate to have a guide who was a
very keen birder.  We stopped at several spots, generally touristy ones,
but he was able to show me quite a few birds, especially hummingbirds,
wet myself with those, and put some of my own IDs right on the difficult
flycatchers etc.
  His name is Alan Rodriquez and does personal guiding for birders
around CR at about US100/day plus expenses (uses his car).  Any one
visiting San Jose for a bit of birding can contact him on, email
 ph (506) 371 5049.
Cheers  Chris