birding-aus

to tolerate or not to tolerate

Subject: to tolerate or not to tolerate
From: Lorne Johnson <>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:29:34 +1000
In this age of explosive global intolerance, maybe we need to be more
tolerant to what is said by anyone on Birding-Aus. I recall several
years ago receiving a few e-mails from birders on this group who were
less than impressed with some of my more flippant or childish e-mails. I
don't regret I wrote them, because I know I can contribute very serious
environmental-based passages as well. If we consider ourselves
intelligent, open-minded people with a commitment to nature, we should
let ourselves take on the views of others and react accordingly...
listen, debate, criticise, laugh, applaud... whatever... If we piss
people off, so be it. If we bring forth accolades, then brilliant!!!!

I'm sure we're all grown up enough to handle it.

Think of it this way - the birds and their homes will thank us for EVEN
BOTHERING to discuss them, because in our own ways we're helping improve
their condition, even if it seems peripheral.

Amen. There's my two, or three, cents worth.

Off to the pub now.

Peace and light to all,

Lorne.