birding-aus

Whale and dolphin stranding HOTLINE 0500 540 000

To: <>
Subject: Whale and dolphin stranding HOTLINE 0500 540 000
From: "Ecology Solutions" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:46:03 +1000
Hi birding-aussies,

Since there has been so much of irrelevance recently on Birding-Aus it seems only fitting that I should present something partially relevant (at least to wildlife) and provide no apology at all.

So here goes...

The recently formed Victorian Cetacean Strandings Network (VCSN) has joined forces with Wildlife Victoria (formerly the Wildlife Care Network) to provide a 24hr HOTLINE to report beached whales and dolphins.

The number is: 0500 540 000

I have a snazzy A4 leaflet that can be reproduced and deposited anywhere along the Victorian coastline. If there is anyone out there who might be visiting the coastline and is at all interested in scattering a few in chip shop windows and the like, I would be most grateful. Let me know and I can email you a copy.

For your information, the VCSN is holding an Inaugural General Meeting on the 23rd November in Melbourne [venue to be announced]. To be kept up to date with this meeting and other aspects of whale strandings, you can join the vicstrandings email group by sending an email to:

Kind regards,

Simon Mustoe.
VCSN Founding Committee

The VCSN is a non-funded network that aims to: provide knowledge, experience and resources to assist at cetacean (and other marine wildlife) strandings while ensuring the best possible outcomes for animal welfare / conservation and complementing the state government?s Cetacean Contingency Plan.

Simon Mustoe - Director

AES Applied Ecology Solutions Pty Ltd.
59 Joan Avenue
Ferntree Gully
Melbourne
Victoria 3156
AUSTRALIA

Telephone 03 9762 2616
International Telephone +61 (0) 3 9762 2616
Mobile 0405 220830
Website www.ecology-solutions.com.au