birding-aus

Robbed in Port Augusta

To: Greg Anderson <>
Subject: Robbed in Port Augusta
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:09:10 +1100

What you both are spotting are called Jail birds.

Jailbirds love the looks of shiny objects, and electronic devices particularly fascinate them.

They have a perculiar tendency to scavenge visible shiny objects even if they aren't worth as much as the item they were contained in.

The best way to deal with these annoying behaviours of Jail birds is to lock things away in places they cant see..(the boot etc.).

Most Jail birds aren't that smart, so even if they can open the boot from inside the car, they usually dont think to do so.

Some however, are particularly clever and do raid the boot, so it best to take anything valuable with you.

Greg Anderson <>
Sent by:

01/11/2002 12:02 AM