birding-aus

Carpentarian Grasswren

Subject: Carpentarian Grasswren
From: "Niven" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:00:14 +0930
It seems that birders no longer have to go looking in the NT for
Carpentarian Grasswrens, given their distribution around Mount Isa.
I doubt that there is a decline or absence of the species at the NT
sites, not that I think Denise was suggesting there was any
empirical data to indicate that, it's just that those sites are so
infrequently visited any more. Not surprising really, given their
isolation and difficulty compared with the Mount Isa sites. Hopefully
Bob will find grasswrens there if he gets the chance to have a look.

Happy Birding
Niven