birding-aus

37 abreast in line formation

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: 37 abreast in line formation
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:53:35 -0700 (PDT)

G'day All,

I was awoken early today by the sweet dulcet tones of a pair of Sulphur Crested Cockatoo's, having what sounded like a matrimonial dispute directly outside my bedroom window? the language was a bit rich.

Later on I went for a walk, whilst out on this short walk, with my 5'1" neighbour and good friend :^D>>, we spotted, what for us both, was the longest single line formation of Pelicans either of us had ever seen. Thirty seven in single line abreast formation flying off to, what looked like, Sorrento, from Hastings, thoughts from me of all that power up there .... I wonder if Val is cooking thier fish for them :^D>>

Musk lorikeets in my local park seem to have moved on, replaced by a good sized gathering of Rainbow Lorikeets and Galah's, I bet the Musk Lorikeets were fed up with breaking ICE to get a drink?

A walk along the new boardwalk section in Hastings revealed some Eastern Spinebill and Noisy Minor's .... further back towards the pier yieled larger numbers of the later.

10+ Pacific Gulls gathering around on the man made island just off the end of the pier.

Plenty of those pesky silver gulls and standard Western Port seabirds to be seen, always a good spot.

On to the Marina, then a quick dash home to get my Pizzey and Kinghts as we have an unusual duck down there .... I'll I.D. it later I hope.

Ooroo all JAG feeling the cold mornings and spine.

Do You Yahoo!?