birding-aus

Tasmanian Pelagic Boat Trips from Eaglehawk Neck

Subject: Tasmanian Pelagic Boat Trips from Eaglehawk Neck
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:02:57 +1000

Dear Birding-Ausers,

As you may be aware, I organise pelagic boat trips from Eaglehawk Neck on a
casual basis with Bill Wakefield of Tasmania.

There are two more scheduled for the 22 September and 24 November this year.
There are still some vacancies on both trips if anyone wishes to register an
interest.  Please let me know if you want further details.

(Would those who are already booked, please confirm their continuing interest?)

We have run two trips already this year.  One in February for which I posted a
trip report on Birding-Aus.  And, one in June, which was a first for one of our
trips.  It was the first one to be cancelled because of bad weather - really bad
weather.

The east coast of Tasmania is unusual because boat trips get out in weather
conditions that would be considered extreme in many other places, particularly
Port Fairy, which I have a bit of experience with.  However, Tasmania itself
provides lots of protection for the east coast and the boat gets out most times
- quite safely.  Except for the June long weekend.

So, if you want a pelagic off Tasmania, here's your chance.

Chris