birding-aus

re: vernacular names

Subject: re: vernacular names
From: Laurie&Leanne Knight <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:26:04 +1000
It's all a matter of who you want to talk to Bill.  Most people who post to B-Oz
are communicating with their fellow Aussies, who understand the local dialect.

Globalisation is all very well, but should be applied in moderation.  Consider
your reading of B-Oz posts a form of cultural education - comparable perhaps to
listening in to the Quebecois up the road from your place.

More power to the weeros

Regards, Laurie.