birding-aus

RFI - Birding SE UK, France, Catalunya (Spain)

To: <>
Subject: RFI - Birding SE UK, France, Catalunya (Spain)
From: "Lawrie Conole" <>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:04:00 +1000
Hi birders

I'm off to Europe for a month from this weekend - a few days in
south-east UK, a few weeks in France, and then a few days in Catalunya
(Spain) around Barcelona before flying out from Madrid to Melbourne.

I've scanned various bird trip reports, "where to" guides, and I have a
birding friend who's taking me birding in the New Forest and East Anglia
in the UK.  It hadn't occurred to me up until now to see if there are
any "must see" spots in the minds of the Birding-Aus readers.

UK is pretty much under control for the very short time I'll be there.

At the end of the trip I probably will not do much birding around
Barcelona, but I may visit the Ebro delta or something along those
lines.

Suggestions for France are welcome.  I'm in Paris for a few days, then
I'm going to stay with my brother in Langeac in the Massif Central
region south-west of Lyon.  After that I'm staying for a week at
Sixt-fer-a-Cheval in the French Alps (not far from Chamonix and Mont
Blanc).  From there it's down to Barcelona.

Any suggestions, or un-missable sites in any of that?  All contributions
gratefully accepted  :-)

L.

PS:  I'll be temporarily unsubscribing from B-A soon, so please mail me
directly at  or

=================================
Lawrie Conole
Senior Zoologist