birding-aus

Swamp mahoganies

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Swamp mahoganies
From: "Graham" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:14:59 +1000
G'day all,
                as has been said by others already, the swamp mahoganies are going to in incredible this year. Two weeks ago I was at Gosford and the trees were covered in buds, even young trees in very average locations i.e. dry areas. Even trees in the Sydney area are doing well. This morning I saw a tree in full bloom near Erskineville railway station, with Musk Lorikeets getting stuck in. I was prevented from stopping by the large truck behind me, (not a good look).

Is there anyone on the list who lives nearby and can check this tree? I'm sure it would be worth the effort. It's also a reminder of the value of planting flowering trees to attract birds, the adjacent school also has some magnificent Mugga Ironbarks that have just finished flowering.

Cheers
Graham Turner