birding-aus

Equipment

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Equipment
From: "Terry Pacey" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:20:00 +1000
Today, I saw a piece of equipment that I couldn't resist and will take with
me when I go birding.  It is a tasco 60516F.  I can hear most of you asking,
"What the ... is that?"

It is a 8x20  monocular, 30x microscope and a 2x magnifier in one VERY small
package.  Although the magnifier will not be of much use, the monocular will
be handy for emergency use (most of us forget to take binos at times) and
the microscope will be great for looking at those leaves, feathers, etc that
we often find.  It does not need batteries and is able to used in most
lights.

My wife can not use binoculars.  She has been trying for over 30 years
without any luck.  She has been asking for a "pirate" style eye-glass to
look at birds.  This might be the answer on the rare occasions she
accompanies me.

Does anyone else have one?  If so, have they found it useful or just another
"must have" item that proves to be useless.

Terry Pacey