birding-aus

Werribee Treatment Plant, Victoria

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Werribee Treatment Plant, Victoria
From: "Stuart Cooney" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:11:10 +1000

Hi All,

Spent a beautiful sunny day at Werribee Today with Shirley Cameron, getting GPS coordinates for various parts of the area to help other people find the well known areas of this fantastic, albeit large, bird-watching spot.  We got 67 birds in four or so hours, with the tide in.  Highlighted for me by the presence of White-winged Black Terns (As reported to Birdline by Danny Rogers), which was bird number 322 for me!  Other good birds include 3 Glossy Ibis at the Paradise Road Lagoons, Freckled Duck on Lake Borrie, north and south and the sighting on Alby, the albino Double-banded Plover (correct me if I’m wrong Shirley) on the Conservation Lagoons.

List follows,

Regards,

Stuart

Australian Pelican