birding-aus

Laughing Gull no laughing matter

Subject: Laughing Gull no laughing matter
From: "david taylor" <>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 04:21:37 +0000
It must be with some level of intrigue and humour that the regulars on the beach at Buckleys Hole watched on Sunday afternoon an array of birders with scopes, binos and miscellaneous cameras and lens encircling a harmless group of silver gulls!  Three of us "crawled" along the sand, trying to get close enough for a pic, whilst trying not to disturb the very special visitor to their beach!

I smiled to myself as I walked past a group and overheard one say - 'I think there doing a film on seagulls!"

I showed my work colleagues Tom Tarrants excellent pics this morning and tried to relate the excitement we birders felt!      'But isnt it just a seagull?" was the puzzled response!

Just a

This gull is no laughing matter! Only those who watch it!

cheers,

David Taylor

Birding-Aus is on the Web at www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message "unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line) to