birding-aus

Fw: [SABN] Clever bird joke

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fw: [SABN] Clever bird joke
From: "Michael J Hunter" <>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 08:33:27 +1000

 Hope no one on the net minds me posting the following joke:

 A man holding a parrot came running and screaming into a veterinarian's
 office.
 The vet immediately brought him into an examining room and carefully
 examined the parrot, and then said to the man, "I'm sorry, but this bird
is dead."
 The man began to cry, "No! No! That can't be true! I want another
 opinion."
 The vet thought a second, then said, "Okay," and left for the back
 office.
 He returned with a black Labrador retriever.
 The black Lab sniffed the bird and finally gave a low "woof" sound and
 looked up at the vet.  The vet said to the man, "The dog thinks that the
bird is dead too."
 The man said, "I don't believe it! I want another opinion!"
The vet then left with the black Lab and came back with a cat.
 He placed the cat on the examination table and the cat walked over to
 the bird and sniffed and nudged the bird again and again.
 Finally the cat shrugged its shoulders and walked away from the bird.
 The vet said, "The cat thinks it's dead too."
 The man sighed and said, "I guess you're right. How much do I owe you?"
 The vet said, "That will be $2,000 please."
   The horrified man said, "Two thousand bucks! Just to tell me my bird is
dead? That's ridiculous! That's outrageous!"  The vet then said, "Well, I
was going to charge you just fifty bucks,  but then I had to include the Lab
fees and the Cat scan.

 Margaret MacIver

 Tableview
 Cape Town