birding-aus

Bushfires and worse to come..

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bushfires and worse to come..
From: "Graham" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:10:50 +1000
G'day Birders
                        some of you may recall my posting about the Xmas bushfires in my local area. In an attempt to look at the bright side of this incredible event, I thought it would be a good opportunity to watch the recovery of both plants and animals in the bushland across the road (well, highway actually) from where I live.

Unfortunately a much more destructive event has occured and has put the effects of bushfire into perspective. The proposed development is no longer proposed, and the bushland is no longer bushland, all I have to look at now is isolated patches of trees with some very muddy bulldozer tracks in between,

I think I prefered the bushfires.

Cheers
Graham Turner
Blaxland