birding-aus

Geelong / Alice Springs visitor

Subject: Geelong / Alice Springs visitor
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 01:27:40 +1100
Hi everyone

Sorry this message really only applies to those in the deep south and Center.
I was contacted by an English visitor tonight.  Her husband is working here in
Geelong this week at my wife's school.  She (the visitor) would like to visit
some of the better birding spots in the Geelong region, and I've suggested a
few places to her.  I may be able to organise a half day out on Sunday, but if
anybody else in the region is planning to get amongst the birds this week,
perhaps you'd be kind enough to drop me a line.  The lady will have a hire car
for the week she is here.

After that, they are heading for Alice Springs, where she would be very
grateful to meet up with any local birdwatchers for a morning or afternoon (I
think it is a working trip to the Center as well).

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out.  Please reply ot me and not the list.

Russell Woodford