birding-aus

Jill Dening wrote:

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Jill Dening wrote:
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:20:42 -0800 (PST)
Jill Dening wrote:

As is usual, the majority of the birds come in as the
day ends, and it is quite something to be out on the
sandbanks at sunset as squadrons of terns fly silently
and low overhead, settling shoulder to shoulder,
bickering noisily in their thousands.

I wouldn't be dead for quids.

Cheers,
Jill
--
Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast, Qld

It's always a pleasure for me to read your emails,
especially the ones you post about the terns up there.

I sat here for a while and pondered your latest ....
thinking I wonder how many of your terns, would equal
the shore parking space taken up by one of my loves
down here? When the tide is out here the pelicans tend
to congregate in herds walking around and along the
shoreline. Best photo I've taken has 12 squished into
an area 5 feet by 7 feet .... do you think the
bickering may be from the females complaining about
their male deserting them :^D

Thanks for your emails.

JAG, Eggy, Lee and Pelaero Mark Four.