birding-aus

Mount Isa Birding

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Mount Isa Birding
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:02:58 +1000
g'day all,
Last Saturday I visited Wide Bay on the western side of Lake Moondarra for a few hours.
Interesting birds were ..
..  Oriental Pratincole (1)
..  Australian Pratincole (100+)
..  Stubble Quail (1 male) (only the 2nd SQ I have recorded)
..  Little Curlew (11)
..  Inland Dotterel (2 both in incomplete adult plumage) My first record of this species at Mount Isa

 and the odd Common, Marsh, Sharp-tailed & Wood Sandpipers.

At the Sewage Ponds Spotted Crakes are still in attendance.

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.