birding-aus

Don't shoot me .... I'm only the messenger

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Don't shoot me .... I'm only the messenger
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:19:21 -0800 (PST)
Wild birds such as Heron, Ibis and Pelican get
mistaken as ducks would you believe.

Unfortunately not all DUCK shooters have been trained
by quailified personnel in duck recognition or
shooting skills.

Waterways get polluted.

Strange products get into our drinking water supplies
and all in the name of ???????? the story goes on and
on and on.

VOLUNTEERS ARE URGENTLY REQUIRED TO JOIN THE COALITION
AGAINST DUCK SHOOTING RESCUE TEAM.

DUCK SHOOTING COMMENCES MARCH 16.

Information meetings will be held at the Animal Rights
Centre, 37 O?Connell Street, North Melbourne at 7.30
p.m. on 28 February, 7 March and 14th March and in
Ballarat at The Horticultural Centre, cnr Gillies and
Gregory Streets, at 7 p.m. on Friday March 1.

Phone the Coalition Against Duck Shooting for further
details on 03 98269715 or email

THE COALITION AGAINST DUCK SHOOTING ALSO NEEDS
VOLUNTEERS TO MARCH IN THE BALLARAT BEGONIA FESTIVAL
STREET PARADE ON MONDAY MARCH 11

(LABOUR DAY).

Please come to Ballarat and join in the march. This is
a positive celebration, not a protest. The Coalition
Against Duck Shooting has been rescuing Australian
native waterbirds for the past 17 years and will
continue until shooting is banned. For details email
 or phone 533155087.

I wonder if my Hilary of Washington could be here? I'd
love to dress her in Begonia's, waits for thee obvious
from many on thee world's best list :^D

John A. Gamblin,
Ex-Royal Artillery,
"gunning for a debate"
Goes off singing,

Oh some plover have golden hair, not feathers,
Oh some plover have golden hair, not feathers,
And the grass is as high, as a young pelicans eye,
And it looks like the NRE are flying the sky,
Singalong,
Oh what a beautiful mourning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got this wonderful feeling,