birding-aus

Bush property for sale, Grampians, Vic.

Subject: Bush property for sale, Grampians, Vic.
From: Aidan Sudbury <>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:08:33 +1100
I did get permission from Russell to put in this notice, but if you have
strong objections please direct abusive comments to me not the Birdline.
If there are many, I'll inform birding-aus.

We are selling a 50 hectare property which is one of two surrounded by
the Grampians national park. It is not in the Grampians but about 5k E
of Mt. William and 6k W of Moyston on flat land. The area is quite
interesting because the "inland" starts at a guess about 5-10kms to the
north and east judging by the change in the vegetation. The best bird I
have seen is a Square-tailed kite which flew over the house a few months
ago, but, also, the Nook flora reserve just a few kms NW of Moyston is a
fairly reliable place for Hylacola. Other birds in the area include
White-breasted cuckoo-shrike, White-browed babbler, Hooded Robin,
Speckled warbler, Musk, Little and Purple-crowned lorikeets,
Black-chinned Honeyeater, Rufous Songlark and Masked Woodswallow (only
once).

Please contact me if you are interested. I must admit I don't really
want to sell but the other owners do.
                               Aidan Sudbury