birding-aus

Exaggerating the problem

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Exaggerating the problem
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:37:44 -0500
Exaggerating the problem

I would like to write a few words about the killing of the swans. The incident was not nice. I am a hunter and I was upset, but all the letters about how many protected birds are killed, written by people who are against hunting, were taking advantage of the situation and giving us a bad name.

I think it would be better if they minded their own business.

In my opinion the authorities are doing a good job because if they weren't they would not have caught those men. If one reads the newspaper, there is often a piece about them catching illegal hunters.

The law is more than adequate because it starts from a Lm50 (US$ 120) fine (maximum), suspension of license and other punishments. I would like to tell other hunters to write in because there has been exaggeration and lying, and Birdlife and others are being given too much attention.

Our tradition is slowly dying out.

I don't know why there has been so much fuss, it's as if they killed a human.

Brian Mifsud

Mgarr, Malta

http://www.independent.com.mt/daily/lettersview.asp?id=1621
Editor, Malta Independent email to:
Editor, Times of Malta email to:
President, Prof. Guido de Marco email to:
Prime Minister email to:

Sample Letter To The Prime Minister Edward Fenech Adami http://homepage.mac.com/davidcam/awareness/#Letter%20For%20The%20Prime%20Minister