birding-aus

Migratory Bird Treaty Act

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Migratory Bird Treaty Act
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:09:56 -0500
A Forwarded message from a Lawyer

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:03:14 -0500
From: "Ralf Brookes" <>
Subject: RE: Hunters in Egypt kill protected birds and others.

CITES protects endangered species which some of these birds may be.
Also Migratory Bird Treaty Act protects migratory birds as well.
Each of these acts has its own specific provisions. I would have
to look up any Citizen Suit civil remedy provisions, but if authorities have
caught them they will likely bring a criminal action and ask for penalties,
in which they can also ask for natural resources damages.

Some US citizen suit provisions require a 60 day notice to government who gets first shot at whether it wants to pursue violation and may preclude private actions in some cases.
Wish I knew more about this, will forward to Wildlife Law Professor Ankersen
at UF to see if he can offer any guidance regarding this international
violation to the nature discussion group.

Ralf Brookes
Ralf Brookes, Attorney
1217 E. Cape Coral Parkway, #107
Cape Coral Florida 33904
(941) 910-5464 direct line
(208) 441-5423 fax
(941) 945-2008 assistant/office line

practicing land use and environmental law throughout florida

For a free federal and state legal research link click on:
http://www.findlaw.com/casecode

Please visit my website for my background and qualifications, and more
resources and links: www.ralfbrookesattorney.com
Editor, Malta Independent email to:
Editor, Times of Malta email to:
President, Prof. Guido de Marco email to:
Prime Minister email to:

Sample Letter To The Prime Minister Edward Fenech Adami http://homepage.mac.com/davidcam/awareness/#Letter%20For%20The%20Prime%20Minister