birding-aus

Re: Sudden-death match at the Tennis

To: Ray Kelly <>
Subject: Re: Sudden-death match at the Tennis
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:55:10 -0800 (PST)
Ray Kelly wrote:

"Other birds continued to swoop around centre court,
oblivious to the demise of their feathered friend".

G'day Ray, and everyone, it wouldn't be noticed that
the bird had been killed until it's screaming young
ones back home at the nest missed out on the moth
tucker? and then more then likely starved to death?

To me it looked like a swallow? maybe? perhaps a
welcome swallow?

I went for a walk early this am around the Marina
complex doing some checking on the noxious "Boneseed"
( Chrysanthemoides monilifera ) and found about 30
plus welcome swallows swooping around my knees .....
just in front the Hastings, Mornington Penninsula
shire office building. I love these little fella's
that struggle to survive on what we leave for them. So
delicate, so hard to help if injured.

I suppose they will be spraying the Tennis Centre soon
to get rid of the moths that attract and feed birds
eh?

I'm still batting on Mike Norris, I'll get more info
re: our chat, later on today.

A warm day looms here so I'll shut the place up, put
the fan on and let "Eggy", "Lee" and "Mickey have a
cool water shower ...... Ooroo all, have a good day.
Please don't forget to put some fresh clean water out
for them as the temps climb up.

For Denise Goodfellow I have a wish? get well real
soon, you have no true idea, just how many wish you
this wish.

From,
John and Hilary and countless others .......