birding-aus

Southport Pelagics Plan B.

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Southport Pelagics Plan B.
From: "Paul Walbridge" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:19:18 +1000
Hi Birding-aussers, this is an update on the Southport Pelagics. Plan A with Steve McCourts Cougarcat didn't work out due to fuel consumption (petrol) during the trip which meant future trips costing A$100 a head.So to Plan B, I've just got back from Southport after a meeting with Don Prior of Wahoo Charters (we've used his Flying Fish II on a number of occasions).

Don has 5 boats ranging from his latest 13 metre Cougarcat up to a 70 foot ocean going monohull. The 13 metre boat is not to be used for fishing and seemed the right boat for us carrying 15 pax. I haven't seen it yet but it can travel up to 30 knots (we won't be going half that normally) and it has plenty of cover.

Don has agreed to take us out on the dates already projected - 3rd saturday of each month at a cost of A$70 a head.The vessel leaves from the end of the wharf at Mariner's Cove on the Southport Spit at the Gold Coast, just before Sea World.Boarding time is from 0630 - leave at 0700 and arrive back at 1500 (8 hours).

His largest vessel is surveyed for open ocean and we're already planning for 24 hour trips out to the Sea Mounts, maybe twice a year (summer, winter) at a price to be determined.
Contact Paul Walbridge;
Ph (H) 61 7 3391 8839. (W) 61 7 3350 8258.
email:
Cheers and please feel free to rush me all at once - Paul.

Birding-Aus is on the Web at
To unsubscibe from this mailing list, send the message