birding-aus

URLs for Australian Bird Lists

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: URLs for Australian Bird Lists
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:07:11 +1000
g'day all,

Stuart Cooney has just advised me that a Bird List is now available for Victoria
Well done Stuart !

Here is a new list of what is currently available for Australia, States and Territories

STATES
West Australia - Alan Burbage

South Australia - Peter Waanders

Victoria - Stuart Cooney

Tasmania

NSW
I cannot locate one. Is there one ?

Queensland
Birds Queensland (was QOSI) will have a list available soon.

TERRITORIES, ISLANDS
ACT and Northern Territory
I cannot find an on-line list

Lord Howe Island

Christmas Island

Cocos-Keeling Islands

AUSTRALIA (Inc the territories)

It surprises me that the mythical someone has not compiled a master list for Australia, its Territories and major Islands that also indicates
.. what birds inhabit/visit each State/Territory
.. what birds are endemic to each State/Territory.
Perhaps such a list has been compiled but has not been put on the Web ?

And it would be even greater if the list could be downloaded into a Word document.

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.