birding-aus

blue mts bird watchers

Subject: blue mts bird watchers
From: Mark Lutherborrow <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:48:37 +1000
Dear Sir/madam,

my name is Mark Lutherborrow i am writing to you in my role as a member
of the Blue Mts Conservation Society where i participate in the Land Use
Sub committee among other areas.
The reason for this email is to alert your organisation of a policy
document about to be released by Blue mts City Council which may be of
interest to you and your membership as it will impact significantly on
the urban environment and the urban/bush interface of the Blue
Mountains.
The policy document is titled the BMCC Vegetation Management Order and
its intent is to regulate the way residents of the Blue Mts interact
with the natural environment at their doorstep.
The VMO is scheduled for public exhibition on the 6/11/01 and members of
the Conservation Society Land Use sub committee feel that this document
could have an impact on bird populations in the mountains due to its
role in governing habitat removal/retention.
On this basis if any of your members are interested in investigating the
issues further could you please email me. We are planning a meeting of
any concerned community groups prior to a meeting with BMCC on the
21/11/01 to coordinate an appropriate response. I will pass on further
details as required.
yours faithfully,
Mark Lutherborrow
6 Leslie St,