birding-aus

Important Public Meeting

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Important Public Meeting
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:27:14 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Everyone,

With so many peoples on this list interested in the
outcome of the issue of "HMAS Otama" an Oberon class
submarine and the plans to position her permanently
on dry land in Hastings. Here are one or two of the
outcomes of this mornings public meeting.

An overwhelming support base was found for the fine
olde girl, with a good turn out of the Hastings locals
but the support is with a strong proviso. This being
that a sub committee should be formed from the SUB
committee to investigate all alternatives for her
final resting position in Western port Bay.

As much as a few there tried to torpedo this issue it
would appear at present she has the full ahead of
many.

My new good friend Doug Miller NRE who standing in
front of me at the meeting, busy writing down notes,
until a strong wind gust "Tora Tora" up his notes
would agree.

This gift from the retiring minister of defence Mr.
Reith has to be maneuvered very carefully around the
reefs before us locals can festoon the craft with our
own wreaths of warm greetings.

As I hope you all can guess it was a great morning to
do birding at the SUB meeting location. Surely a
submarine is designed to be just that? submarine?????
idiots that are missing the chance of a lifetime to
view underwater birds.

Plenty of Pelicans, Masked Lapwings, C gulls around
along with what I thoght was a close to shore fairy
penguin.

Hmmmmm what should I have for tea? ahh yes of course
some Pizza subs.

Night Night all good rains moving through now as I
type.
Yours, Simpleton John A. Gamblin