birding-aus

Grey Falcons

To: <>
Subject: Grey Falcons
From: "Julie Lynn McLaren" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:15:28 +0930
Hello All,
I had to send this message.
To-day my husband, son, and son-in-law were mustering cattle on a block of land we own which is 40 klms. South of Cunnamulla, and slightly West, on the Cuttaburra Creek [which is an outflow of the Warrego River]. To Ian's[husband] delight he saw two Grey Falcons,one at a time, trying to lift a dead galah up, but it must have been too heavy as they kept on dropping it after they got up to about 10 feet.
He watched them off and on for about 5 hours and they didn't leave the location. They flew up into the same tree, about 40 feet high, while trying to lift the Galah. When he finished the cattle work, which was in close proximity to the Falcons, he went over and said that all that was there on the ground were a heap of Galah feathers.
Exciting eh?
Regards,
Julie.

Julie McLaren.