birding-aus

Important Public Meeting

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Important Public Meeting
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:55:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmmm :^D could we view our Penn and Penn E. from
inside the submarine looking out whilst they are
looking in watching us looking out at them looking in
at us? :^D JAG The plan is to permanently berth a
submarine here at Hastings. Hmmmm wonders about tidal
movements?
IMPORTANT PUBLIC MEETING

FOR THE INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS THAT MAY BE AFFECTED BY
THE PROPOSAL FOR A SUBMARINE AT HASTINGS FORESHORE

The purpose of the meeting is to provide an
opportunity to hear about the proposal, and to express
views and discuss what is being proposed:

HASTINGS: Saturday 6th of October, 11 am at Western
Port Angling Club premises, next to the boat-launching
ramp (at the foreshore in Hastings). Invitations are
specifically extended to those who are most likely
to be directly impacted on, i.e. various foreshore
users, such as the members of:

WP Angling Club,
WP Yacht Club,
WP Boat Safety Council
WP Marina
WP Chandlerry
WP Yacht Squadron
Bass Strait Game Fishing Club,

As well as:

Residents from the area surrounding Hastings
foreshore, and it?s regular users local politicians,
environment groups, NRE, Council officers and
Councillors. This meeting was initiated via a contact
with me as a Ward Councillor (by angling club members
and others, recently).

The proposal is going to Council on Monday 8th
October, to enable the Council to determine it?s
position on
the proposed project.

This meeting was organised together with the Western
Port Angling Club, and the Bass Strait Game Fishing
Club, and they, and other foreshore users have
stressed to me that they neither oppose nor support
the proposal but wish to be heard, wish to have their
concerns taken on board, and in the event that the
proposal goes ahead, that they are involved in what
happens next.

They do have some concerns about the location and
therefore impact of the proposal on the accessibility
to their premises, during the construction, and loss
of overflow car-parking space afterwards (if the
project should be funded and proceed), as well as
other concerns which may be able to be addressed
through a more co-operative approach.

As Bittern Ward Councillor, I urge everyone that can
to attend, be informed, and participate in the process
from here on.

Sincerely
Snez Plunkett