birding-aus

Help with Some Birds

To: "" <>
Subject: Help with Some Birds
From: "Wheaton, George" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:12:02 -0400
Hello,

My wife and I are paying our first visit to Australia as part of a
non-birding tour of World Heritage sites. I am an avid birder who is anxious
to see as many of your birds as possible during our stay. We are on a pretty
tight schedule, but I will have some free time away from the tour group in
both Cairns (a couple of mornings) and Alice Springs (at least one
afternoon). In those two locations, where might I do some birding that would
be relatively close by and accessible by public transportation? If possible,
I would especially like to see Buff-breasted Paradise Kingfisher and
White-winged Fairy-Wren. Any suggestions or assistance would be most deeply
appreciated. Thank you and good birding,

George Wheaton
Great Falls, Virginia, U.S.A.