birding-aus

Scarlet Honeyeater

To: "birding" <>
Subject: Scarlet Honeyeater
From: "Carla Jackett" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:16:15 +1000
Saw a beautiful male Scarlet Honeyeater today for the first time ever on our 5 acres in Kangaroo Valley, N.S.W.  Watched it at very close range for ages in a Grevillea tree.  Never saw a female.  Are these birds common in this area, as there are very few Atlas recordings.
Off to Barren Grounds tomorrow to help count Ground Parrots. This will be a first for me so I am looking forward to it.
Bye for now

Carla