birding-aus

*Oz stamps*

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Oz stamps*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:19:26 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

Hot on the heals of the very clever "Where was I* quiz
run by Harvey D. Perkins on the greatest email list on
planet earth, I thought about it for a while? and with
Ozpost less then a few hours away of the greatest
release of "Bird" stamps, well I think so anyway.

They are superb. Take a look at www.ozpost.com.au then
follow the links to new stamp releases.

I pondered Harvey's beaut quiz, hmmmmm, and it hurt I
can tell you, so here's what I can do, early tomorrow
am. I'll pop down to my Ozpost shop, talk to Jodie,
the last post Galah lady :^D, and ask for some stamps,
cards, etc etc to send to Harvey, she's already
promised me the posters that will be used for the
Ozpost display. These could be used as prizes also?
anyway I don't mind helping out like this it's good
helpful fun, just some small prizes for his quizzes.

I think they are brilliant.

I did worry a bit when I saw Harvey ask "where was I"
gee I thought before opening Harvey's email what hope
for me if Harvey don't know where he is :^D

They are good quizzes because not only do you have to
have a good knowledge of birds but also planet earth.

And "where was I" could be held anywhere. The skills
needed are those of a good detective with the aid of
the internet. No need to go out and buy highly priced
books, use your library or just do a search on the
internet.

Hope you'll all be in raptors about this and if you
win you will not stop crowing about it.

I wonder when the board game will come out Harvey?

Have fun everyone, because that's what birding should
be all about.

John A. Gamblin

Potters off singing an olde Cat song,
"Where can my children play"