birding-aus

Pelican Park, SE Qld, notes

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Pelican Park, SE Qld, notes
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:47:06 -0700
Hello All,

A couple of pleasant surprises presented themselves during my 'regular'
irregular SIPO-seeking visit to Pelican Park at Clontarf, South East Queensland,
today, 3/8/2001.

As well as the South Island Pied Oystercatcher (SIPO), which has now been in
residence for over 4 months, the unusual sightings included:

- 4 Grey-tailed Tattlers in non-breeding plumage; I suspect that there is a
small flock of this species 'over-wintering' in the area;

- 2 white-morph Eastern Reef Egret; this location often has a grey-morph ERE but
this is the first time I have recorded 2 (together) in either morph;

- 8 Ruddy Turnstones; this area usually has a few RTs 'over-wintering' in
various stages of plumage.

Other species recorded during my 15 min observation period:
Pied Cormorant
Little Pied Cormorant
Darter
Australian Pelican