birding-aus

Toonpan

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Toonpan
From: "Marleen Acton" <>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:21:17 +1000
G'day,
         The trip to Toonpan this morning proved fruitful with sightings of Black-chinned Honeyeater (4), Plum-headed Finches (30), Marsh Sandpipers (3), Pink-eared Duck (2) and the return of Green Pygmy Geese ( 14). For our mornings effort we recorded 80 species.

Townsville has been cloaked in smoke for the last week but yesterday it seemed to move over Mt Stuart, and we ran into it big time this morning. Luckily the wind came up and had cleared a lot of it by the time we got into Toonpan.

Marleen.