birding-aus

Bald Ibis In Danger Of Extinction Action Letters

Subject: Bald Ibis In Danger Of Extinction Action Letters
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:32:27 -0400
A FIRST CLASS IDEA... from Keith Betton of African Birding. Thanks for the research Keith!

Send a copy of the text below by fax or letter to the MOROCCAN TOURIST OFFICE in your country (or more than one country if you have the time, money or the inclination!). If you can translate into your own language - even better!

If you can find out the email address let Proact know as well.

Please feel free to expand or amend the text in your own words. We have kept it to 20 lines because this fits many free web fax formats.

You could of course actually pop in if the office is near you. Personal contact is often very successful.

Let us know how you get on and we will publish the results, or your experience on this site.

For more information please go to <http://proaction.tripod.com/baldibis/id12.html >
SAMPLE LETTER  FOLLOWS THE ADDRESSES BELOW:

Remember to add your name & country.
     < http://WWW.HOTCORP.COM/  >      Web-To-Fax Services

It's easy, it's convenient, it's free!   Now you can send fax messages directly from a webpage to the fax machines in these countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA.

Email bcc <  >

BRUSSELS
Avenue Louise 402
1050 Bruxelles - Belgique
Tél. : (02) 646 63 20
Fax : (02) 646 73 76.

DUSSELDORF
59 Graf Adolf Strasse - 40210 Dusseldorf - Germany
Tel. : 49211 370551 / 52 - Fax : 49211 374048.

JEDDAH
Adhan Center
P-O- Box 15216 Medina Road
Jeddah 21444 Saudi Arabia
Tel. : 9662 6513181 - Fax : 9662 6513181.

LISBON
Rua Artilharia Um, n°79 / 85
1200 Lisboa - Portugal
Tel. : 35 11 3885871 - Fax : 35 11 3880077.

LONDON
205 Regent Street - London WIR 7 DE
United Kingdom
Tel. : 44171 4370073
Fax : 44171 7348172.

MADRID
Ventura Rodriguez N°24 1°ezq
28008 Madrid - Espagne
Tel. : 341 5427431

MILAN
23 Via Larga - 20122 Milano - Italie
Tel. : 392 58303633 /392 58303756
Fax : 395 283033970.

MONTREAL
Place Montreal - Trust 1800 Rue Mac Gill - Suite 2450
Montreal - Canada H3A-3J6
Tel. : 151 48428111
Fax : 151 48425316.

NEW YORK
20 East 46th - Suite 1201
New York 10017 - USA
Tel. : 1212 5572520 - Fax : 1212 9498148.

ORLANDO
Florida 32830 PO Box 22663
Lake Buena Vista Orlando FL 32830 - USA
Tel. : 1407 8275337 - Fax : 1407 8275129.

PARIS
161, rue Saint Honoré
Place du Théatre Français
75001 Paris - France
Tél. : Serveur vocal 331 42604724 / 42606350
Fax : 331 40159734.

STOCKHOLM (Update from Gunnar!)
Marockanska Statens Turistbyrå
Sturegatan 16
SE-114 36 Stockholm
e-mail:

Tel. : 468 6619504 /468 6609913
Fax : 468 6612044.

SYDNEY
11 West Street North - Sydney NSW 2060
DX 10641 NTH Sydney - Australie
Tel. : 12 9224999 - Fax : 12 9231053.

TOKYO
Suite 303 - 219 Sendagaya
Shibuya-KU - Tokyo 151 - Japon
Tel. : 813 34030070
Fax : 813 34030072.

ZURICH
Schifflande 5 - 8001 Zurich - Suisse
Tel. : 411 2527752 / 411 2527316
Fax : 41 1 2511044.

_______________Cut and paste from here __________________
To: The Moroccan Tourist Office, XYZ

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Club Mediterranee is planning to build a new, vast, holiday resort in Tifnit, Morocco, immediately adjacent to the last remaining worldwide colony of the Bald Ibis - Ibis chauve - and intruding on its feeding grounds in the Souss-Massa National Park. The Bald Ibis is now worldwide ONLY to be found in Morocco and the devastation or reduction of its habitat could lead to its extinction. We are sure that the Moroccan people, Government and the tourist industry do not want this to happen.

As a potential tourist and nature lover we urge you to use your influence with both your Government and Club Med to avert this tragedy. As experts you will be aware of the increase in popularity of Eco-tourism. We feel it only fair to advise you that we will strongly advise our families, relatives, friends and professional contacts against visiting holiday destinations where such unavoidable natural disasters are permitted. We are sure that you will draw the correct conclusions and take appropriate action.

Yours sincerely

[Name and Address]