birding-aus

Elusive birds

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Elusive birds
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:51:06 +0930
Is it not strange how some species of birds seem to elude one?

I've been bugged for some years now about the apparent lack of Pacific Herons (White Necked Heron). Now matter where I looked they were not to be seen.

Were they hiding from me?

My last sighting was at Hattah Kulkyne NP in April 1987.

Yesterday I broke the drought. I saw one near Mannum, some 80 km east of Adelaide.

Now for all those other elusive species....

Happy birding,

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge
South Australia