birding-aus

*Norfolk News* and *Polly`Ticks*

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Norfolk News* and *Polly`Ticks*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:30:38 -0700 (PDT)
I just had a quiet sit in my local park ... one minute
after sitting there I had six Eastern Rosella at my
feet, 14 Rainbow Lorikeet above my head on the branch,
and about five screaming welsh miners. Must be my
hands shaking with this very crusty round cheese roll
eh? Oh crumbs

:^D

Must tell all that on top of the lotto ticket I bought
Russell Woodford I now have the same type wager with
the highly respected Ed Vella. It's on the outcome of
the Hawks .v. Swans game. A lotto ticket will be
bought for the winner, by either of us that supports
the losing team. He being a big Swan me a licccle
Hawk.
All winnings from the lotto ticket to go Birds
Australia. Many really like that idea. But? Should we
trust a Sydneysider :^D giggle

He has goes at me and cawls it "Gamblin" hehehehe I
think it's charity.

Anyways Ooroo and Regardez from Eggy, Lee who is
sitting pretty at present and me.

Oh I nearly forgot my UK brother tells me this:

News Headlines from the Norfolk Gazette.

A woman who recently lost her husband aged 68 decided
to heed her doctor's advice and bought a pet. She
decided to purchase an Australian sulphur-crested
cockatoo. Much spoiling of the bird took place over
time and she managed to teach him to talk. His
favorite phrase was copied from her when she would
answer the front door bell. As time marched on he
built up a very good English vocabulary and became
very talkative indeed. Many a good time they would
have chatting away together. One day the lady's water
tap ruptured and she had to go down the road to seek
the help of a local friend who was a helpful chap and
a fully qualified plumber. She made contact with him
and arranged to be home in an hour after they had met.
The plumber goes to the lady's home rings the front
door bell to hear coming from inside an aged creaky
voice saying "Who is it?" he replied "It's the plumber
I've come to fix your pipes?" the squeaky voice then
said "Who is it?" he again replied in the same manner
but with more volume.
This repeats itself for about fifteen minutes by which
time the plumber gives up, goes to turn to walk away
and slips on the rug and shiney floor tiles knocking
himself out inside the front porch.

Perfect timing as the frail lady finally makes her way
home see's the plumber sprawled out on the floor and
exclaims "Who is it?" the squeaky Oz voice behind the
front door says "It's the plumber he's come to fix the
pipes" :^D

Have a wonderful birding weegend everyone, shame on
you Edwin Vella work virus indeedy tisk tisk tisk :^D

Latest news I have from Aston is:

Birmingham City 1 Aston Villa 2

Potters off to build a few more homes ......