birding-aus

Fwd: [Fwd: Canno_n Nettin_g questioned]

Subject: Fwd: [Fwd: Canno_n Nettin_g questioned]
From: "Night Parrot" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:53:46 -0000
Hi all

Still here!
An extract from the UK newsgroup "UK.rec.birdwatching! where the question is being asked. The final paragraph from Andy Harmer says it all.

NP

Perhaps it maybe too harsh to suggest that ringing is meaningless for shorebird conservation. Ringing has provided some useful data that has been used effectively in the past but my question is, would effective shorebird protection strategies have been developed anyway?