birding-aus

Aston Action against Exxon/Mobil

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Aston Action against Exxon/Mobil
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
I John Arnold Gamblin being very, very careful with
every word I use, but with my asbestos and carbonated
lungs still able to keep me going, I forward this on
to all. This psuedo Ozpeso person has now had a
gutful.

I for one have had enough.

I hope the spies on the list pick this up and forward
it on the HQ.

So with very little coming from Mobil re: Not even an
open apology to each and every Australian or to the
the very distraught remaining family members of
"Breaker Cormorant" the Greens and Friends of the
Earth are having a joint action as part of the
international day of action against ExxonMobil (Mobil)
Wednesday 11 the July!!!

We have decided to go out to Aston to as part of the
By-election and highlight the climate change issues.

So we are meeting at the Mobil petrol station at Knox
city shopping center Cnr of Burwood Hwy and Stud Rd in
Wantirna South. We are wanting people to get there
around 11am for a 11.30 start

Reasons

· ExxonMobil (Mobil) continues to fund greenhouse
skeptics, has spent millions on greenwash
advertisements, was one of the top contributors to
George Bush's election, has been active in lobbying
the US government to reject the Kyoto Protocol, and
invests
virtually nothing in renewable energy.

· ExxonMobil have been sued for continued human rights
abuses in North Aceh, Indonesia, where they have
assisted Indonesian military and police with the
torture and imprisonment of independence activists

· It is also one of the major proponents behind
drilling in the Arctic Refuge in Alaska. And not to
forget the fact that they 'accidentally' spilt 4,000
liters of petrol into the Yarra last week!!

Just prior to this John Howard will be at the Rowville
community center and we are hoping to give him a nice
reception with our burnt stump election billboard.

John Howard is supposed to arrive at 10am so we should
get there by 9.45am.

It would be great to see as many Greens out there
supporting these too actions on Wednesday as possible
sorry for the late notice. If you have any questions
feel free to give me a call on 0408541310 (Eleisha).

Yours in Union,

Eleisha Mullane

The Australian Greens (Vic) Website:
 http://www.vic.greens.org.au