birding-aus

Caloundra, SEQ, Tern survey 5.7.01

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Caloundra, SEQ, Tern survey 5.7.01
From: jilldening <>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 16:04:54 +1000
Hello All,

Below are the results of 5.7.01 Caloundra sandbanks survey for those
interested, and in particular for Julie Moore, who drove up from Brisbane to
join us, and saw her first Double-banded Plovers .

Crested Tern numbers have built up. This week coincides with the peak time
of the early 90s surveys, but the numbers are well down. This week we had
three and a half thousand Crested Terns. In 1991 (I think that was the year)
we had over 12,000 Cresteds.

We're happy to take people (no experience required) with us on Thursday
afternoons, provided there is a seat available in the tinnie, and that you
understand that we are there to work - Julie ended up on the end of a pen
yesterday. After a couple of hours in the boat we continue the survey from
the mainland as the birds fly in to roost, finishing when light stops play.
My phone number is below.

Cheers,

Jill

TOTAL NUMBER OF SPECIES    19